Bangladesh Travel Advice
What to wear
- Winter (Nov - Feb) is pretty mild so a light jacket or sweatshirt will be fine.
- It does rain a lot in the summer/monsoon from June – September and with the high level of humidity it's best to ear natural fabrics so take an umbrella
- From March – October the daytime temperature can average 30-32°C so pack lightweight cotton or other natural fibres. Avoid synthetic fabrics as you may get heat burns.
print film is quite widely available but check the use-by date and
storage conditions before buying. More specialised supplies should be
brought with you from home (remember to check your camera batteries).
Lens cleaning materials are invaluable, a polarising filter reduces the
fading caused by strong sunlight and silicon gel sachets inside your
camera case are a good idea to absorb any humidity. Ask before taking
photos of people or religious sites and be wary of photographing dams,
airports or other important structures. Don’t use your flash on indoor
murals and frescos – it can damage them.
Useful Things to Take
Torch and batteries, insulated water bottle, mosquito net, adhesive
tape, alarm clock, wet-wipes, small ruck-sack, fabric shopping bags,
• Carry light or woolen clothes as per Bangladesh weather.
• lightweight windproof shower jacket for open air travel at sunrise and sunset, and in case of rain.
• fleece, trousers and warm hat, especially in hilly areas.
• hat to protect head and neck from sun.
• good quality ‘wraparound’ sunglasses with retainer.
• small ruck-sack to keep belongings together and dust out.
ATMs (Standard Chartered
Bank) are becoming increasingly common and can be found in Dhaka,
Chittagong, Bogra, Sylhet and Khulna. HSBC has ATMs in Dhaka and
Sat-Wed 0900-1500, Thurs 0900-1300. Some banks may close on Saturdays.
vaccination for malaria and typhoid is recommended to all visitors to Bangladesh. Innoculation regulations and medical advice can change at short
notice for Bangladesh. In case of doubt, please seek medical advise.
you are travelling within Bangladesh, it is advisable to get a Medical
Insurance or Travel Insurance for Bangladesh. Find out the local
emergency number and the address of the nearest hospital when you arrive
Male Cheap Air Ticket
Cheap Travel Insurance